Although, that's not really what this post is about. There's also that beloved TWW (two week wait). But, I've got some great distractions.
First, the pain after ER has mostly dissipated. I just wasn't anticipating that type or that amount of pain, you know? Everything else was a breeze compared to that. At ET, Dr. G did mention that my ovaries were still pretty big, so I know it's not in my head. But I'm feeling better: more like a human with a distended belly and not a human with a huge OMG-if-you-touch-me-it-hurts-and-I-will-kill-you belly.
Now the suppositories. There lies my current trouble. See, my V has issues. My V is temperamental on a good day and a shrieking banshee on a bad one. What do I mean? I'm super prone to all sorts of infections and general pain and discomfort down below. Yeah, it does suck, thanks for realizing and totally not blaming me. Anyway, my V does not like the three times daily progesterone suppositories. Big surprise, huh? And I'm just guessing here by the common symptoms of pain, itchiness, discharge (really, how can I tell?), redness, and loss of elasticity (seriously, ouch). So, I'm planning to see my GP (who has ob training) tomorrow and see if she wants to diagnose a yeast infection. I'm not sure how, with the sludge that's pouring out, but I'll let her take a look (everyone else has, right?) because I just want an extended script for di.flucan(?), the oral cure. Which she's given before. Which I may need if pregnancy is in my future. Questions for her: is di.flucan(?) safe in pregnancy? Can I take a probiotic through a pregnancy?
Also, I will chat with the GP about this, but a switch to the PIO (progesterone in oil) shots might be in my future. They are the predecessor to the suppositories, are just as effective, and are actually cheaper. I think I can get my RE to write a script. The intramuscular shots are going to suck. But possibly, no more angry V. I'm going to get through until the test on the suppositories if I can manage it though.
Any advice or thoughts? Too much info about my V? I just want her comfortable, you know?
- Posted from my mobile phone
1 comment:
With each post, holding my breath for you. Thanks for your comment on my blog, it means a lot. My girls look forward to future employment opportunities. :) Thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment