Friday, October 7, 2011

Surprising Things

After ER, I'm still in substantial pain. My abdomen switches from okay to aching to sharp pain in an instant. It's always present, unless I'm laying on my right side. Walking hurts, sitting hurts, moving hurts. T.ylenol regular isn't touching the pain and T.ylenol 3 (as prescribed by the RE's office) dulls it a bit, but I can't take it at work. The general, abiding discomfort is starting to wear on me. Which, honestly, has me down.

One quart of fluid is 32 ounces and sometimes g.atorade can still make you nauseous. Spree, Sweettarts, and sour gummi things can help.

I'm protective of our embryos. Now that they are real, not theoretical, growing and multiplying, they are my chance at a family even if only at a cellular level in a petri dish. Mine. My family. My genes. Do not mess with them. Do everything in your power to protect them from harm. Encourage growth and development. Maybe someday one of those will become my son or daughter. That is HUGE. Let it blow your mind for a second.

I was irritated about the "no sex" mandate. Which was specified with a companion "no orgasm" mandate. Seriously, let me have one or another - or so I thought. With the abdominal pain, I don't want him to touch me. Maybe ever again. Much less with that or those. I'm not above using duct tape to put a line down the middle of the bed that he can't cross. Unless he wants to be friendly with my Eagle. That's my handgun. AND, the thrice daily vaginal suppositories? Who would want to crawl up in that muck? Judging from some of my harsher responses, I'm guessing there are some hormonal fluxes happening as well. I don't even want to have sex with this mess.

Enlarged and engorged body parts that have gotten inconvenient and uncomfortable and inappropriate. We'll leave it there.

I'm still surprised that his sperm like my eggs enough to get.it.on. We've got some awesome contenders for a 5-day blastocyst transfer. I should be way more grateful, but there is that pain thing and my concerns about the killer uterus I might be harboring.

My Sis has begun naming the octuplets. No one steal this name now, okay? No. 4 is Hannibal Love. You can't handle no. 6's name.

Implant vs. transfer still rankles me. Scientists, doctors, etc. CAN'T implant embryos. They are working out a way to implant embryos into the super cushy uterine lining, but right now, at this moment in time, they don't know how to IMPLANT embryos. If they could, pregnancy would be a higher percentage outcome because pregnancy is the result of embryos implanting and continuing to grow and develop in the uterine lining. Those processes then create HCG, which is the pregnancy hormone. Doctors can and do TRANSFER embryos into the uterus and position them in an optimal nook or cranny. Which is why we all go in for transfer, not implantation. See? Teaching moment over.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Waiting on more surprises here.


- Posted from my mobile phone

1 comment:

Frankie Bee said...

I am glad your cycle is going so well! Thank you for that teaching moment regarding transfer vs. implant. Of course I did not need it, but most people I talk to about IVF ask "so they are going to implant the embryos in you?" I wish they did have that technology. Good luck with your transfer!