Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tired Luck

I really don't believe in luck. I want to and I've tried to, but I just can't bring my (somewhat) rational self to buy into the trinkets and superstitions.

I wore two special pieces of jewelry to IUI#3: the ring that my parents gave me when I received my master's degree and the pendant (St.Gerard/Our Lady of Perpetual Help) that my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas. Add those to my wedding ring, which is simply beautiful and completely representative of the relationship C and I have, I believe those trinkets are as much a trifecta of luck as anyone can ask for. At least they represent family and love to me.

We are playing the waiting game. C is on board with everything and provided a wonderful contribution. And I am exhausted. Worn out. Tired in the head, heart, and body.

3 comments:

HaleyMarieOlson said...

I hope these next days to come go by fast for you both and at the end you will find success. I'm praying for you both!


Just remember no matter what happens with this cycle, your baby is out there somewhere waiting for you...

Miriah said...

I think we make our own luck. You were surrounded by blessings, and positive thoughts, and prayers yesterday. And I know that everyone who is praying, and hoping, and sending warm thoughts toward you is going to continue doing just that. We love you so much, just keep your eyes on the horizen and put one foot in front of the other, it is the best you can do!

the barnes family said...

I've been thinking about you lately and sad that we haven't been able to chat. So until we can catch up, just know that I am praying for you and loving you from six hours away. Can you feel it?