We celebrated C's birthday yesterday with dinner and drinking. He's a big 2-8 years old now! One of the best presents (I think, but in his own words) was that his "swimmers are normal!" That's what my dr called to tell him on Friday. Which is good. More than good. But. We still are not pregnant more than a year after our miscarriage. So. Is it all me? As far as we know, I am working (with a little help) and he is working, and with two functioning reproductive systems, shouldn't there be a baby? Or at the very least, a pregnancy?
I guess we keep trucking on and keeping our fingers crossed (not our legs - that would be counterproductive!). C keeps saying no, but I'm going to look into a Hawaiian vacation for next year. It would be wonderful. And it's not like we're going to be pregnant by then. Because, really, are the odds in our favor yet, or do they just keep stacking up against us? It sure feels like that some days. You know, another pregnancy announcement and more newborn pictures.
In the meantime, we have a life to live and I can celebrate the wonderful man that I so desperately want to have babies with. I love his birthday because on that day, C was born and without that, I wouldn't have him. We're off to continue the celebration with a little fishing.
No comments:
Post a Comment