Monday, May 12, 2008

I Think I Busted a Gut from Laughing So Hard

I had the greatest weekend.

It's always a good idea to figure out who has your back. You know, if you get thrown in jail, hustled for a few thousand dollars, or desperately need a baby. E&R have my back and I love them for that. I spent the weekend with them. Eight hundred miles (plus) round trip. Far far from a Chipotle. C&D came up to visit on Saturday and I can't even begin to explain how excited I was. I was probably shaking the entire visit. It was just so good to sit down and eat, talk, laugh, tease Friends. The ones that knew you way back when and still have your back. It means that you've gone through some stuff with them and they are still there. They have changed and evolved, just as I have, and decided that we are still us. I love that. I appreciate that. I am filled with love. I hope they got at least half of the enjoyment I got out of this weekend, because my joy kettle is full. Way full. I probably shouldn't say joy kettle, but everything else sounded dirty.

What meant the most to me?
Two things, first, that love was so tangible all weekend, and second, the grace with which miss C handles her pregnancy and me (the two things that could be crazy together, but weren't at all).

Funniest phrase?
. . . and that's why the boys like me . . . (miss C) and *that's so rude!* (E)

I need friends like these and I am so grateful that I have them. For when they read this, I got your backs too. No doubt.

1 comment:

the barnes family said...

I can't even put into words how much I loved the weekend and how much I love you! It was amazing to see you and to reconnect on a level I wasn't sure we could do. But am so glad that we did! I love that we can just be ourselves around each other and have so much fun! Can't wait to see you again!