Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Hormones Say AHHHHHHHHH!

I remember telling that guy I work with that the little pills were nothing to be afraid of (his wife was beginning the pill journey). I remember saying the side effects were minimal. It's totally worth it and no worries, are what I added.

I would have been wrong. Very, very wrong. The only thing I was right about, is if the pills work and do what they are supposed to, is that the side effects are worth it. Beyond that, I should have worried, or been optimistically cautious. This is the third round for me. The first had no definite side effects, the second brought some mood swings and night sweats, and the third has made me a stark raving mad lunatic who is lucky her husband will still sleep with her (which, to achieve pregnancy, is oh-so helpful).

Monday, I practically bawled at work and had a meltdown about scheduling. I came home and freaked out on my husband (freaked out includes screaming, crying, and often throwing lightweight objects) twice. That means that we remedied my first issue and I created another one. I slept very well that night. The hormones have taken over my body. Guess I just didn't realize it was going to be like this. Tuesday, after seriously encouraging words from AM, I told the boss what was going on (i.e. I'm not crazy, there is a reason for my attitude) and she said that she understood; perhaps in the way that a forty-year-old woman wanted to have a baby. It's all worth it because these pills are forcing my body to do what it should be doing naturally and this increases our chance for pregnancy.

Color me hormonal and grateful.

1 comment:

the barnes family said...

Dear Hormonal and Grateful:
I can totally picture you throwing lightweight objects and that makes me laugh! Hormones definitely deserve a good laugh after the fact as well as a "what the heck was I thinking?"

Love,
Your Hormonal Pal in P-burg