Sunday, March 16, 2008

What Do you Do With Something Like This?

The following is an e-mail from the past, composed on Thursday, March 15, 2007, and sent via FutureMe.org
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dear FutureMe,

I hope you are well. I hope that you either are pregnant and calm, or are holding a little mini-C-A. I'm betting on a girl. If none of these things are true, I hope you found something else to make you happy. By now, I hope you are settled in [town we moved to] and you've accomplished some of those projects on the house. Hopefully, you've made lots of friends and figured out a way to stay home - either with the baby or in anticipation of one. I hope you are well because right now I want to cry and I want to be the 15+ weeks pregnant I should be and I'm hoping C will continue putting up with me because I alternate between being a mess and composed.

I hope you started that business and are making some money - it sucks to give into fear of the unknown. I hope you've started your book and are looking for agents and/or publishers. I hope you've taken some time for a girls weekend with M and E - if you haven't, plan one today. I hope you've stuck to your guns and paid a lot of things off so that you can afford that girls weekend.

I hope you think of B [mc'd baby's name] every once in a while and thank God that he allowed you to carry him for a brief time. I hope you are loving your sister as much as you ever have and are being her rock when she needs it. I hope you are still being the true friend you've always been and are opening up a bit to new people despite your fears. I hope you are well. I hope you are happy. I hope you are closer to being fulfilled. I hope you are in love with C and I hope you've begun to love yourself. Take care of the family, the babies, the dogs, and your friends and you will be fine. I hope you are well.

Love, the hurting, struggling me,
Anne*

1 comment:

the barnes family said...

I hope you don't mind, but I added a link to your blog on my blog. If you don't want me to, I can delete it. I just think you have wonderful things to say and many people would benefit from reading what you have to say. I promise I'm not buttering you up so I can ask for money or something... or am I?