Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Outing a New Soul

More and more, I am outing myself. I have lost something and I'm not ashamed of it and I am trying like hell to create life, which I am definitely not ashamed of. Adding you guys, my friends, my sanity, is another way of being tangible and connected. If you see it that way. I do.

In other news, I am obsessed with Yael Naim and her song New Soul. Thanks to Stirrup Queen for helping me find it because it is better than me just saying I love that Apple commercial song. She sings in other languages in a lilting way, which I'm figuring is so comforting to me. As I struggle through the last paper for class (yes, thank you for asking, this IS supposed to be my spring break!) I have listened to this song numerous times (by obsessive, I mean that I found her website, videos on you tube, and am currently coveting her teal dress in said video).

http://www.yaelweb.com/

3 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Doesn't she rock? We have the full album now and have been listening to it non-stop.

the barnes family said...

So now I'm definitely going to have to listen to that song. By the way, I love to dance. You can find me about any time in my living room dancing (like a crazy white girl) to any kind of music! Ask Dan...

Miriah said...

I had a lovely Easter with you. SO very glad you came here too. Sent an email with a link for a dress on Ebay that is pretty similar to the Yael dress. Not exact but it made me think of you. XOXO.