I both can and can't believe that I have two hundred post's worth of words, thoughts, drama, and ideas in my head. Here are some more:
While driving to work, I began to think about tattoos. You know, a tattoo for me. I am neither for nor against such thing, but that very ambivalence is what has made me say no way in the past. What I know: it would have to have loads of meaning and significance to be etched on my body forever, it would need to be either wildly colorful or the color of one of my freckles (brown), the husband would have to be agreeable (only because of the value I place on respect and harmony), and it would have to be somewhere that is easily covered up (with the exception of perhaps a bracelet or a ring and keeping in mind that I wear bikini suits). I had an idea for a very private, meaningful tattoo this morning and though I liked it, I'm still not comfortable with my idea, so I've decided to let it roll around in my head somewhere. It's bittersweet and perhaps too challenging to the gods. Let it be (I say to myself). I'm only mildly concerned that I tend to get in a mindset at times and do these [wild?! crazy?!] things.
At work, we had a patient come in and ask if anyone was interested in roller derby. I'm beyond interested, I'm am panting at a chance to take out my aggression in public. That sounded bad. Dressing a little trampy and throwing down with a bunch of girls on skates sounds like a good time to me though. I love the idea of roller derby and I will be attending the show this season. I also happen to know that try-outs are every January. The patient had broken something preparing for try-outs. No worried, her daughter made it (how cool is that?!). I'm a scrapper, so now all I have to do is become a good skater. Who sells roller skates anymore?
So, counting on the fact that some part of my reproductive system hates me, I should be able to wrap up my master's degree late next year, just in time to try-out for roller derby. Provided, you know, I'm not pregnant. Personally, I'm all for starting a pool for the timing of three wives' pregnancies. Mostly because I think everyone will bet on me as first up in a show of support and I'll bet me last because I'm no dummy. Just kidding . . . mostly. Anyway, we're on to Part Two of the white pills and Part One of lets-check-the-boy-parts-out. Should be a roller coaster, as always.
2 comments:
Two things: One, you should totally get a tattoo! It's very empowering for some odd reason! And two, I can totally see you doing roller derby! Me, not so much, but you, most definitely! By the way, sorry I missed your call the other night and sorry I didn't call you back yesterday! I'll try again tonight!
For the record - tattoos and rollerderby are the ultimate coolness in the world of caucasia.
Post a Comment