Listening to my good friend Yael Naim this morning while cleaning out all of my clothes and doing mountains of laundry. Don't believe me? You should!

Chaos, I know. But I'm happy because I'm wearing this:
AM will remember these hoodies from our first St. Patrick's Day together! The front says BELIEVE, by the way. Philip Pullman rocks. Besides, how can you be unhappy in kelly green and white - did I mention that it's a HOODIE?!
This is going to be the only thing left on the dining room table once I've gotten it all cleared off. Papers, clothing, and assorted objects have been collecting here for about four weeks!
And last, but not least, is the orangsicle library where the books have outgrown their shelves. I need to put all of my adult fiction somewhere (yes, it is alphabetized). 
It used to go on this set of shelves that I designed and the wonderful Mr. C made. They were intended more for a small television or aquarium in the large upper part (notice the space and depth), so for books, there is a lot of dead space. Looks like I'll be stacking vertically.
Shelf next to the aquarium shelf is the second one I designed and is a much better bookshelf. Unfortunately, it already houses my teen/children fiction, along with all of my nonfiction (which is threatening to outgrow it also). 
If we were to play "Where's Waldo" with these pictures, I would have you find a blow dart gun, a baby gate, an old picnic basket, six eggs, a Harley Davidson edition Ford F-150, and a copper tea kettle. Who will be the winner?
**As for me, I am doing surprisingly well during this waiting period. I see the doctor next week to see if the pills did what they were supposed to and if we try them again. I'm not sure if I hope that the pills worked or that I am pregnant. Knowing me, I think I'll hope that the pills worked. I had quite a few more side effects this time around (night sweats, hot flashes, and now assorted pregnancy symptoms - all to be expected), but still nothing to complain about. I feel calm because at least for this month, we did absolutely everything we could to ensure success and now there is just some waiting. While some people get stressed out by the waiting, and I have for sure, right now there's just a peace because until we start the cycle again, I can't actually do anything. It's out of my control. It's funny, even those I work with say that I seem a little less uptight. Here's to me staying this way!
No comments:
Post a Comment