For the first ten minutes of my drive into work, I was looking at the frost on the grass, trees and vehicles. I was thinking about how much I love winter. C told me last night that "Our season is upon us." While we were dating I began thinking about the lack of things, ideas, general nonsense that we have in common and he merely said "But dear, we'll always have winter," as if he was starring in some black and white movie. The joke goes that winter as our favorite season is the only thing we have in common. Maybe because of that, we have made it our season: we were married in January, conceived a baby in December, and love Christmas (even though the Fourth of July allows more opportunity for blowing things up). When I see the frost on all available surfaces, it makes me think that perhaps this winter season will be good to us too. I can hope, right?
**The remaining time was spent in a parking lot on interstate. This journey into work is one that I only have to make for two more mornings and for that I'm grateful. My new job is ten miles, three stoplights, and no interstates away.
**In preparation for my class tonight, I finally wrote my instructor an email. He called me this morning and I haven't listened to his voicemail, so I'm a little anxious. I forwarded my email to Mom and she said it was very direct and well-thought out, so I hope he agrees. Me and confrontations don't go well together. Surely I can stand up for myself and what I believe in.
**In my head, as I write this, Sister Hazel's Your Winter is playing. I think it was in the movie 10 Things I Hate About You - one of my secret favorites - shhh!
2 comments:
So you guys are just claiming an entire season eh? Wow. Talk about gall.
Fine - take winter. See if I care!
10 Things I hate about you is a guilty pleasure for me at times. Any movie with Joseph Gordon-Levitt isn't all bad.
I was so happy to see frost on the ground today. Though I'm not quite sure why.
Post a Comment