Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Pregnant? Nope, Quitting

When I told her that I needed to talk to her, she took me into the back office for "privacy" and we sat down. She asked me if I was pregnant with an almost hopeful look. I said that I wished I was and no, that I took another job. It didn't register at the time, but it does now and I'm left trying to puzzle it out (obviously making a bigger deal of it than I should). Maybe they aren't as unsympathetic at this job as I thought. Maybe I'm not as good at keeping what I really want as quiet as I thought. Maybe, they too, think that nine months creeping towards a year is more than long enough to grieve and maybe I should light a blackcat under the stork's ass if I can find the damn bird. Possibly.

No comments: