Wednesday, October 24, 2007

No More Work, Please

I didn't want to come to work today. I kept thinking of how I could call in sick. Good thing I didn't because no one was here when I arrived. Or twenty minutes later. Apparently, everyone had appointments or errands this morning, despite there being a big meeting at 9am. Okay, so I made the right decision. On to another decision.

I "interviewed" for the same job I interviewed for three times back in May. The supervisor called me about a week ago, hoping I remembered her, and said she wanted to talk to me about a position that opened up. Turns out, she wants to know if I'll be a good fit because she knows I can do the job. She doesn't want to make calls, look over applications, or do interviews, she just wants to know if I think that I'm seriously interested in working there. I've thought about it, talked to her, spent some time watching my potential future coworkers go about their tasks. I've discussed the opportunity with Mom, C, and AM. I think that I'll tell her yes, I believe this will work for me, for the department. See how much money they offer, knowing it will be less than I make now. Appreciating already that they've looked into arranging schedules so that I could continue with my master's program. What I told Mom and AM is that I can handle change all right, it's upheaval that gets me. We'll see, maybe they'll make it easy for me and reject me outright again.

I met our new neighbor last night. She seems really sweet and young (it was her birthday and she was turning 20). I'm sure that we'll find some common ground soon enough. Otherwise, class starts tonight and I'm a little anxious, but mostly because I am tired. If skipping all the pills I take for two days is the reason for being tired, it looks like I'm near dependent on a cocktail of vitamins. Wish I had something better to blog about - there is a post rattling around in my head, I'm just not sure I want to make those statements or declarations yet.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Wait . .you're going to make less? Did I read that right?

Anyway we're all dependent on chemicals. Some come in pill form, others in liquid, syrupy-sweet form.

Pick your poison right?