It's just today and it comes after yesterday and before tomorrow. The weekend was nice and mostly relaxing. Except for the jump-up-rush-to-the-door reaction to the dog vomiting. For two whole days. Sleep time was non-exempt. The vet's diagnosis: he's got irritation. I'm still worried. Mostly because my cute little demon dog is lethargic and not reacting to anything. In short, he's not himself.
In happier news, I successfully made a wonderful meal for the parents and their friends. All seven of us sat down to barbecued brisket, mashed potatoes & gravy (C's contribution), 7-or-so layer salad, cold veggie salsa, and apple crisp topped off with vanilla ice cream. Yeah, I'm nuts. We're still snacking on a lot of it. Only mishap? I think I forgot to rinse off the spinach in the 7-or-so layer salad and I crunched down on what I hope was sterilized sand. Sand never hurt anyone, right?
Sister B's birthday is on THURSDAY! How fun!
I made it through the weekend without thinking about or crying over my September first due date. I also tried to not make myself feel too stupid about the assumption that I would definitely be pregnant again by the time this date rolled around. I'm hanging in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment