Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Mostly About Pills

I had to go to the doctor yesterday. Thankfully, he was nice and understanding and prescribed three months worth of antibiotics that I'm supposed to discontinue if I turn up pregnant. I didn't laugh, but I wanted to. Another non-laughable moment will be the renal ultrasound tomorrow to get a good look at the kidneys. I can't eat or drink anything for six hours prior and it's at 2:45pm, so I'm going to be weak, grouchy, and susceptible to fainting. Right now, I need to call the nice doctor back and ask for more drugs to combat the side effects from the antibiotics (thanks again for the necessary reminder, AM!).

The Jeep part was bought today online. Yesterday I tried to order food from a drive-thru by opening my door. They couldn't hear me, so I grabbed the thing that makes the window stay up (a folded piece of paper) out and let the window fall halfway down. Then I hit the window and it fell all the way into the door. So I spent the next ten minutes with my [formerly skinny, now swollen, scraped, and battered] fingers down the door manipulating the window until I could pull it back up. Doesn't sound like much, but I like my Jeep and I don't work in the best neighborhood and my fingers HURT. On a happier side note, the orange malt/slushy things from Hardee*s are really good. On bruised fingers and in the tummy. To finish: when will that damn Jeep part get here?

What else is there? A magic watch, in case the magic pills don't work.

1 comment:

L said...

I take a LOT of pro-biotics to combat the antibiotics and they do help. I have also heard (but never tried) that you can stick a pro-biotic capsule in your bajingo, and that will help prevent yeast infections. (The same person also told me to use a clove of garlic, for what it's worth).

My poop doc says anytime you take antibiotics more than a few days you need to supplement with pro-biotics (and not just yogurt; you need much, much more than yogurt will supply) so you don't risk diarrhea and/or c-diff.

I hope the anti-biotics cure the infection. They are not fun at all, are they?