I'm debating whether or not to send my mom the last post, complete with the link to my story. We'll see. Still looking at iPods. Went shopping at JCrew.com yesterday (if anyone loves their dresses, some are down to $30 in the Final Sale) and found a beautiful dress for sister B. And one for me. 
The Jeep can't be fixed yet because we can't find the part. The driver's side window's rotor (I think) went out, so the window doesn't go up and likes to slide down if not properly shimmed. As C is wonderful at working on vehicles, this shouldn't be a problem except that everyone is out of the rotors: auto parts stores, their distribution warehouses, and the dealership. That makes me think this is a common problem and, if so, why isn't there a recall? I'm barely over 60K miles and that's only because I have a 50 mile round trip jaunt to work everyday. To add insult to disappointment, the window motor (which the problem could have been related to, but isn't) costs about $100 (damn electric windows), the rotor costs $175, but the motor and rotor together cost $114. Hmm. Personally, I'd just like to roll my window up and down, but as far as truck problems go - this is an excellent one to have versus the engine, transmission, or god forbid, the brakes. PS, if it's not the rotor I'm talking about, then it's another "R" part that I can't think of the name and I apologize.
I should brag about my HP7 skills. I bought the book on Saturday morning before we flew to Washington and had it finished by about 5pm. Why? Because I could. And it was really good. I need to reread the entire thing of course because the wand switcheroos really confused me and I was reading FAST (no applause necessary, I get joy from the small things). I went and saw HP5 last week and threw my water bottle two seats over when the dementors appeared. What can I say? I really don't like things jumping out at me. I was with cousin M and she just laughed and laughed. Sister B found out I went without her and she's miffed (but I just bought her the prettiest dress in the whole, well, a really pretty dress). I guess I get to see it again this weekend. Still want to see Nancy Drew too. Oh, HP5 was good. I explained to AM that when you read the books, you unknowingly (in my case) become attached to parts and ideas and even quotes, so that when you don't see these things in the movie, it kind of breaks your heart a bit. Reading HP7 and how it tied in so well with concepts and information from books 2 and 5 really emphasized to me what was left out of HP5 movie. That said, the movie was still wonderful and I was impressed, as I have been with previous movies. Now I'm trying to convince people I know that no, their 4 5 6 7 8, possibly 9yos shouldn't go because it's scary and Harry's angry and people die. But I liked it. After, you know, I found my water bottle again.

The Jeep can't be fixed yet because we can't find the part. The driver's side window's rotor (I think) went out, so the window doesn't go up and likes to slide down if not properly shimmed. As C is wonderful at working on vehicles, this shouldn't be a problem except that everyone is out of the rotors: auto parts stores, their distribution warehouses, and the dealership. That makes me think this is a common problem and, if so, why isn't there a recall? I'm barely over 60K miles and that's only because I have a 50 mile round trip jaunt to work everyday. To add insult to disappointment, the window motor (which the problem could have been related to, but isn't) costs about $100 (damn electric windows), the rotor costs $175, but the motor and rotor together cost $114. Hmm. Personally, I'd just like to roll my window up and down, but as far as truck problems go - this is an excellent one to have versus the engine, transmission, or god forbid, the brakes. PS, if it's not the rotor I'm talking about, then it's another "R" part that I can't think of the name and I apologize.
I should brag about my HP7 skills. I bought the book on Saturday morning before we flew to Washington and had it finished by about 5pm. Why? Because I could. And it was really good. I need to reread the entire thing of course because the wand switcheroos really confused me and I was reading FAST (no applause necessary, I get joy from the small things). I went and saw HP5 last week and threw my water bottle two seats over when the dementors appeared. What can I say? I really don't like things jumping out at me. I was with cousin M and she just laughed and laughed. Sister B found out I went without her and she's miffed (but I just bought her the prettiest dress in the whole, well, a really pretty dress). I guess I get to see it again this weekend. Still want to see Nancy Drew too. Oh, HP5 was good. I explained to AM that when you read the books, you unknowingly (in my case) become attached to parts and ideas and even quotes, so that when you don't see these things in the movie, it kind of breaks your heart a bit. Reading HP7 and how it tied in so well with concepts and information from books 2 and 5 really emphasized to me what was left out of HP5 movie. That said, the movie was still wonderful and I was impressed, as I have been with previous movies. Now I'm trying to convince people I know that no, their 4 5 6 7 8, possibly 9yos shouldn't go because it's scary and Harry's angry and people die. But I liked it. After, you know, I found my water bottle again.
Maybe I'll work on the kitchen this weekend. Maybe not. I'll think about working on it.
2 comments:
All I got from that post was. iPod, Dress, Jeep and "My name's Anne and I'm a huge HP NERD!!"
Before you buy an iPod, make sure you have iTunes. You can only put music onto an iPod through iTunes. Also - get a shuffle. They're only like 80 bucks and mine has lasted for nearly 4 years now and its still kicking.
LOVE the dress--very, very pretty. Took Evie to Topeka zoo today, rode the train and the carousel...good time, even if it is too hot to breathe. LOVE YOU<3 XOXO. M.
Post a Comment