The ultrasound went well. They saw two kidneys, so I didn't inherit my paternal side's tendency to have three. I left the med center five minutes after my appointment time. I just get nerves so bad being around doctors and hospitals. Bought the prescribed antibiotics and am waiting to take them until the high class probiotics get here. I see it as a war inside my body: the antibiotics [wearing RED] say "I'm going to kill you and you and you and you," while the probiotics [wearing BLUE] say "I will replenish the good flora and fauna of this body." So, I'm well taken care of.
The derby is TOMORROW! Everyone is a little hyped up and it's funny to see grown men hyped up like 4yos on sugar. The parade is at 11am and the derby is at 7pm and what goes on between the two will be caught on tape. I really can't wait because we're to the exciting part now - the moments that we all waited and built cars for. It all ends tomorrow. And in one week, the crap sitting in my driveway gets hauled to the scrapyard. I promise pictures of derby and all of the ensuing mayhem. And it's going to be 98ish with a heat index of, oh, I don't know, 110 maybe? However, the tee shirts did get converted to stylish tube tops. Please believe me that for a mud-throwing demolition derby in what feels like 186 degrees in the sun, tube tops are not only stylish, but near classy. Really. All of your assumptions about who attends these crash up things are completely correct. Besides, C actually has a red neck.
We get to see so many friends and family tomorrow, so here's to Mom and Dad, sister B, AM+R and little E, bros K & D, Mil+Fil, J+family, N&A, and all else. May the skies grace us with rain. Lots of rain.
EDIT: Let me clarify. By rain, I did not mean rain down people. Add two more because Big E and K couldn't figure out anything better to do with their Saturday than come up for derby. If I was excited before, it doesn't compare to now. So very excited. Note to self: pirate birthday parties don't rake in the crowds half as well as car crashing does. Good to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment