Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Where Did That Come From?

Another day at work. More menus. Holiday menus that require an ounce of creativity that I don't have. I'm tired. Haven't been sleeping well. Temps are finally up, but I am worn out after being dragged through every thought in my head. I can't wait to get out of here. On a small plane far away as of Friday morning. There will be walks and there will be shopping and mostly there will be alone-time for AM. Because she needs it and I have too much. And I can't wait. Only a day and a half of work left, and AM, no, I haven't started packing unless inside my head counts. The problem with that is I'm not packing shirts in my head. Only skirts and dresses, so I hope bare breasts (that should up my rating!) are "in" in NC.

After all of the vacations, I HAVE to begin an exercise routine. I have no idea what yet, but I feel like a sloth just sitting at the office all day to go home and sit some more. I need a cardio program interspersed with moderate weight lifting and intensive stretching. Motivation, I need some of that too. Can I pick up a box at Target next to the yoga mats? I sure hope so. I don't know what's happened, but faced with the truth in pictures, I vow to change. Those of you that know me won't believe me, but I'll say it anyway, I have a belly. While I could blame this on some psychosomatic issue related to the miscarriage or desire to be pregnant, it's not. I haven't gained actual weight, either - I guess it just rearranged itself. Eww. I need to be more active anyway instead of only using my brain to fabricate excuses. So what can I buy to make me look the way I used to? Pathetic self-evaluation over.

Had a steak dinner with the in-laws last night. They flew back from visiting brother J and came by to pick up Porter the beagle (formerly referred to as "Satan"). C grills better than anyone I know, so he did his thing and I'll get to eat left-over steak tonight. Did I mention that I was tired? I am.

1 comment:

Drew said...

"Exercise?" WTF anne?

If being anorexic is good enough for me - its good enough for you!

And it works, not like proper diet and exercise which I'm convinced is just a fad.