Thursday, July 12, 2007

Can I Have More?

Last night was packing night. Being the person that I am, every little thing distracted me, including, but not limited to: laundry, the books I bought, my earrings, my new earring system, trying on each dress that I'm planning to take, folding, putting away laundry, and taking pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't have a spare moment to hang up either (one dirty, one unfinished) of the dresses I made (AM, you are the only one that gets pictures of the dresses on me because I know that you'll be honest). Here are the resulting pictures:



This is my brilliant earring system. I'm in the process of stretching out my ear piercings and I have earrings of every gauge everywhere. So, I collected all of them and tried my best to figure out what gauge they are and separated them into this nifty weekly pill case. I numbered them and I know that the second T stands for 10. I'm still hovering around a ten, but these organic earrings I've had in for awhile seem to have set me back a bit. Eights are next and as you can see, I am prepared. There are also an abundance of twelves and fourteens because those are the gauges they use for navel piercings and the conch piercing I had for awhile.


These are my super cool organic earrings. One set is ten gauge, one set is eight, and the last is both. The one on the bottom is the one that I wear all the time because there is no way it's falling out. It is also the one that has two gauges in each earring: one side is a ten and one side is an eight. I get a lot of compliments on that one. Place where I found super cool organic (fair trade, AD) earrings: GARUDA, which I completely recommend.

This is the wrap skirt I made a month ago. I just love batik fabric and the warrior head looks awesome. I'm definitely taking this to NC.


I liked the look of the pile of jewelry I'm taking to NC. While looking at it, I realized there are only two pieces that AM didn't make or give me. See, this is why I need the girl around (and for many other reasons!). She made both of the beaded necklaces; the one with brown beads and green ribbon is such a security for me. The pearls that you can see in the gold bag are a beautiful combination of necklaces that belonged to both of us. They look fabulous with anything. Of course, the blue rag-tag bracelet in the middle is my solo purchase, but I got it all faded and bleached out one summer, so I treasure the memories. Thank you, AM. For both the beautiful baubles and the memories.


We (sister B and I) found a half price bookstore on Tuesday and I cleaned up. If I haven't mentioned it recently: I love books. A blank page is wonderful, yet still intimidating, and a page written upon allows the eyes and mind to roam freely. I'm hoping this will be a good book to take on the trip along with a few others. I now have enough of a library at home to choose gifts from. I just gave a coworker Wicked because it wasn't a favorite of mine. Anyway, I bought a few books for half price (still can't beat the Dusty) and a few more for $1 or $2 - great books that shouldn't have been shamed by being put on the clearance shelf. Do you think I'll be going back? Why yes, I think I will.


**PS. Thanks for the shoes, AM!

No comments: