This is a picture of my wedding ring on my hand (does this prove that I'm married?). When we got engaged, I received a lot of unwelcome comments about my engagement ring. The round band was my engagement ring and we added the chevron shaped one (in my mind, the V shape represents vow) when we finally got married two and a half years later. I picked out both bands so that they would go together. The comments were slightly more tactful than "that's SO tiny," "he must not make very much money," "you were screwed," and my favorite one verbatim, "that's your engagement ring?" People can be very rude. Not that they deserve an explanation, but I picked this ring out - he didn't. I knew that I'd be wearing it for a very long time and I did not want a ring that was big and stuck out from my hand. I wanted a comfortable, very simple band. C was the one that talked me into any diamonds at all. Yes, every single girl I know has a bigger ring than me and I think most of them are very pretty (especially AM's), but I didn't want those rings. I've had one or both of these rings on for five years already and I think they're more beautiful and practical every time I look at them. I love that C didn't argue with me about a bigger ring either, but he and my mom think that they're going to add a rock in the middle someday. Yeah right.
What else can I show all of you? Here's a recent picture of Boris the Blue Heeler. He's topping 53 pounds on the vet's scale and I have no idea where he keeps it. Although, he can drag C down the hallway. I guess it's a good thing because it puts Boris and Bella in the same category for heartworm pills and tick/flea protection.
That's all for the 4th. Please don't choke on a hot dog or blow your fingers off. I'll try to do the same.
2 comments:
Arrived safely--soundly. Thank you--for feeding my love, for the compliment about the ring! I am glad you liked your present--but don't feel I expect any creativeness in return--just meant to inspire. We are lazing-and doing the last minute prep b/f mom and dad leave. Looking forward to seeing you. Take care. XOXO. M.
re: ring. Size doesn't matter.
Post a Comment