What do you mean that I have to start packing again? The only reason I'm unpacked is because I wanted to show sister B my cool purchases (okay, rub new leathery smelling Rainbows in her face). I even got her something, which is more than the nothing I got C. His head is perpetually all about the derby car, so I don't feel bad. He should feel bad because he wants me to pack. Again. I was all proud of myself for packing for the NC trip in my carry-on pull-behind (which came back straining at the zippers) and now he wants me to pack again, in a carry-on, for a 7-day/7-night trip to a cool climate (no sundresses and skirts!)? You have got to be kidding me. Before I even start packing, I need to: call the aunt and uncle we're going with to see if they are doing the carry-on only thing, check the weather in Washington State, do laundry, and make a packing list. Yeah. Okay.
What else is going on? I'm like some of our dogs, any attention is good attention, but. I've been in contact with both of the boys in my life recently, and although it's not killing me by any stretch of the imagination, all of this contact makes me miss them a lot more. So, in case either of you didn't know, I really miss you. S, I'm expecting to see you no later than Christmas, and E, I better see you before then. Why you both saw it fit to move away from me, I don't know. Don't go blathering on about job opportunities. Although, I'm very proud of what both of you have done with your lives. Enough emotional blackmail. Is there an online site that I can scam a packing list from?
AD, the entire reason I posted a picture of that book (which I'm almost finished with) is because it looks like something you would/have read. Now that I'm in the midst, it suits you well - want it? Another thing to move halfway across the nation?
1 comment:
I googled that book after you posted about it and it does look pretty interesting, so I'll probably check it out at some point.
Right now I'm reading "the brief history of the dead." Its not very happy, so I don't know if you'd like it, but it has its endearing moments.
Post a Comment