Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Vitamin C Battle

Today is another "do nothing" day. We had a nice lunch (HoneyBaked Ham Store) and delicious Cheddar & Broccoli Soup, which I will be paying for later, but beyond that, not a lot. I'm pretending to work while doing minimal actual work. Which is okay with me. I've been reading this website and doing some research on makeup because (please don't tell my mom!) I think I can trace this awful breaking out to when I started using the mineral makeup. I'm not giving up on mineral makeups, but certain brands make it really easy to try out their products with samples for $1. So, what's a girl to do but try something new? At that price, I can even find the right color for less than $10. Boys, you have no idea how hard that is, but if you've ever seen a girl whose face is a different color than her neck, you have a small idea what we're dealing with. By the way, "Wow, you don't even look like you're wearing makeup," is a really sweet compliment. It means that I, as a card-carrying girl, did my job right. Funny thing, they don't really teach you how to do this - it's a lot of hit and miss.

Anyway, I'm a bit tired because they fed me lunch. I also have this sore throat/ears thing going on and accompanied by itchy, stinging eyes. I would think allergies, but my nose is fine. I've drank two quarts of orange juice since last night and I'm going to take vitamin C fortified cranberry pills here in a second, so I really am trying to beat whatever this is into submission. I told C that it was more because I don't want to go through the hassle of finding a regular doctor here than it is a fear of getting sick. Maybe the vitamin C fighters will win the battle though. Fingers crossed.

No comments: