Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Doubt You Know What a Lightwhore Is . . .

Caught in that icky time between knowing and not knowing, but assuming while hope keeps flitting around like a lightwhore. I know what I mean and it's okay if you don't. It's a Tuesday which means I'm waiting for Wednesday because it gets me closer to Thursday, which is just a night in bed away from Friday's tedium that always always always leads to the weekend. I think we're going boating and I'm a little sad that sister B is going back to hometown because I think she would have fun with us.

It isn't official, but I think C and I are trying the spoil-him-with-love technique with Boris. We put our bed on the floor, so now he just has to jump up on it and push his head against mine and bat me in the face and give way too many kisses. He needs a girlfriend. Anyone know of an attractive female blue heeler? We think he'd make really good puppies. After all of the broken leg drama, and I am convinced that he at least had a hairline fracture, he is the sturdiest, rough-and-tumble, hard headed dog of any that I know. Very sweet and good natured too, which is somewhat surprising for the breed. I guess he's growing on me, but Miss Bella, whom I've taken to calling "Big Girl" is still the love of my life. After new people get over her size and the low range of her bark, they are surprised by how sweet she is. She's like that pony in the backyard that you'd trust your two-year-old to play with. She never grabs toys or food and she usually stands patiently next to you waiting to be acknowledged. I know lots of humans with worse manners. Although, if she doesn't know you, she might charge and bark and scare you a bit. Which goes to show, you're better off knowing her than not knowing her.

There are people like that too. I'm not super close to my friend T, but I definitely think that I'm better off knowing him than not knowing him. Same goes for E and S. Each teaches me random things about what they do, like, or think and I know that I'm a better person for it. Not to mention that each of them bring out a different side of me that I would miss if I never had a chance to experience her.

No comments: