Friday, June 22, 2007

The Soundtrack

No boating tonight and that makes me sad. For various reasons, I have been looking forward to activities that allow me to throw myself. You know, like tubing. And in January, snowboarding. Whether I throw myself down a snow covered mountain or off of an inflatable piece of rubber into the lake, I don't care. Only that something is thrown and it is me. No thank you, K, I don't need to be thrown into any more walls. I'm leaving that in high school.

In other news, wait, there isn't any other news. I have two dishes left to make for the party tomorrow, fruit and veggie trays to buy, and some parts of the house to catch with Clorox wipes. Then, it's time to decorate and that's a lot of fun. This party has been a little stressful and all consuming. I think I sat down last night. Perhaps.

Running through my head because I've been playing Train's My Private Nation:
Hey baby, I don’t wanna be your Superman
I just wanna be your man and I’ll be super, baby
You’ll be standin’ in the sun shine
I’ll be standin’ right here in the rain
You save me and I will save the day

And because I am listening to Train at all, let's not forget:
Well she wants to be the Queen
Then she thinks about her scene
Pulls her hair back as she screams
"I don't really wanna be the Queen"

For complete fun, check out what's on the 10 Things I Hate About You Soundtrack:
I'm surprised that you've never been told before
That you're lovely and you're perfect
And that somebody wants you
I'm surprised that you've never been told before
That you're priceless and you're precious
Even when you are not new
Artist: Semisonic / Song: F. N. T.

There you go, the soundtrack of my mind today. No idea what tomorrow will bring. I think the only thing close to pirate/luau themed is Jack Johnson, but that's probably just because AM told me it was beach music.

1 comment:

Drew said...

If you're going for beach music, you've got to get some Don Ho. He's is faux-island personified.

Also anything by the band Fiji is perfect for that kind of mood.