The question on a friend's husband's blog was: are you addicted to noise? No, I'm definitely not and it makes me feel left out. I never have been either, so I'm not recovering. I work in a quiet office where my office mate loss part of her hearing, so she doesn't listen to the radio (it would have to be turned up too loud). It is silent here. I go home and there is no stereo system in the main part of our house and leaving the TV on in the background freaks me out. I constantly ask C and sister B to turn down the television when it is on and I've been known to ask C to go play in the garage because he's making too much noise in the house and I need quiet. I am able to sleep with noise, but I prefer not to.
The reason I feel left out is because a lot of my friends are music addicts. I appreciate music, but I'm not crazy about it seeking out new bands and calling my iPod (don't even have one) a habit instead of an electronic device. Half of the time, I turn the radio off in my Jeep on my 45minute commute. I can always tell when the voices in my head are mulling over something I don't want to think about because I switch into an uncomfortable "noise" mode in order to drown them out. Are you addicted to noise? Does it muffle your thoughts? Are there some people out there that go through days with no silence?
Since I saw family this weekend and celebrated a birthday (the actual date is Friday), my thoughts of course turned to what-would-have-been. And what would have been is an obviously pregnant me at 30 weeks. You know, in case you were wondering. I guess that I was. In happier news, A of N&A stopped by to visit my party on Saturday and brought me a baby. A chubby happy 5-month baby girl who, unfortunately belonged to someone else, but it was still very sweet of A to stop by with her little charges. More to come on the party and the weekend . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment