Friday, June 1, 2007

Sew This Month and Sew That Month

Didn't make 20 posts in May. Happy June 1st; I have a birthday this month. So does C's friend N, my coworker H, my grandpa turns 91, and I share my birthday with AM's dad, who has the coolest name, but out of respect for my secrecy, will be left out.

I haven't touched the sewing machine since Monday, but I've ran a hand over the things I've made almost everyday. The weather is being funny: cool, wet, humid, then warm, so I don't know if I can show off my skirt this weekend when we go home (yes, I know, we're always going home). Maybe I'll wear the apron instead. I'm trying to think of something to keep my hands busy in the truck and wherever I'll be. I'm thinking of taking my quilt block along and trying to finish hand sewing it. But what if I get done? If there's one thing all of this "creating" has done to me, it's made me not want to sit around on my butt and watch tv. I have been doing that the last couple of evenings, but mostly because a) i can't find an easy dress pattern I like, and b) I've been tired. I'm always tired, so it's really because I haven't found the perfect pattern. I'm going to stop by the thrift store while in town and pick up some of the $0.10 patterns in there. At that price, I don't even think it matters if all the pieces and instructions are in there. Last one AM found, she googled the instruction booklet and bought it for less than $3, which is still a whole lot less than what new patterns are going for now ($16 anyone?). I guess my motivation directly corresponds to the project and the fabric.

Very excited to go home this weekend (aren't I always?). This week has gone by so slowly. C's been getting home anytime from 6:30-7:30 and that is difficult to adjust to. But we're leaving tonight! I'm hoping I get to see little E, AM, and her friend B sometime on Saturday and then maybe maybe maybe relaxing. Perhaps. As of Monday, we have two dogs and THREE adults living in our house because sister B is moving in with us for the summer. It should be a lot of fun!

No comments: