Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Reaching Out?

I haven't really reached out on the wonderful internet. I have my blog(s) and I email, but I've kept to myself by only contacting and inviting people that I know. In person. I think I reached out today. I've been reading all of the miscarriage/infertility blogs and two of them grabbed me and made me think "I feel that way too," and I commented. The only other way anyone visits me is if I give them the address. I think that's the way this works. The reason for this is probably that every once in a while I get to feeling very alone. I have one friend (that I dearly love) who has had a miscarriage. Currently, she's in the middle of a wonderful pregnancy that should yield a child about two weeks after I was due. The rest of my friends are male, have babies, or aren't even on the baby radar.

I needed to know that other women have lost babies and gone on, and that some are still struggling. Someone besides me says dead baby and means it. A whole group of women don't want to go see Knocked Up because they realize two things: it's not that easy for everyone and that pregnancies don't always yield babies. I told Sister B that it looked like a great movie and I'm sure that I'll watch it some Friday night in the future, but right now, I don't think I could go to the theatre and calmly watch the movie. I can see myself screaming obscenities at the screen. And with forewarning like that, who would want to risk it? Quite honestly, I don't even want to see it when I'm pregnant again. I would like to watch it some night after the baby has gone to sleep. Oh these funny dream thoughts I have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't say it often enough, I am so impressed/proud--so NOT the right words. Because of how gracious and beautiful you are, I forget--and I am sorry--how much you still ache/struggle. I LOVE YOU! ****BIG Hugs*** M.

L said...

Anne,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I know how isolating miscarriage can feel, which is why I decided to write a blog. I knew that I needed to record what I was feeling, but having it sit in the pages of a private journal didn't seem right. I am amazed at the outpouring of emotions that come out when women are given the opportunity to talk about their pain.

Women who have had a miscarriage are in a special group -- there is no way to really understand how it feels unless you have been there.

Liz