Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy Ending Sweets

I started making food for this weekend. I keep remembering that Grandma and Grandpa are coming and I can't wait to see them. Going to continue cooking tonight, but more of the sweets.

Over half an hour today has been devoted to figuring out exactly how much postage it takes to mail a square card. They say "additional postage" on the front, but HOW MUCH? I went to USPS.com and it was annoyingly self referential with no answer except additional postage may be necessary. I'm just going to put two stamps on it and waste some pennies. Which leads me to: presents. You can never go wrong with cards, stationery, and envelopes.

I could make a birthday list, but I keep thinking that one would only serve to remind me how selfish I am (and quite possibly, very ungrateful). C said that I could ask my parents for a kitchen sink. It's a good idea. How about a new kitchen while we're at it? See, I can't just be grateful that my [heinously ugly borderline unsanitary] kitchen works. Shame on me. I totally forgot what this post was going to be about.

I've been reading miscarriage blogs again today. I prefer the ones that end with babies, but I think that I'm programed that way by our society's dependence on the Disney style happy ending. I actually won't read books or watch movies that I know don't have happy endings. It's as if I need the redemption. I know that parts of me just can't handle anything that's not a happy ending. They depress me. So do movies with animals that get hurt. I can't watch those either. At the moment, I steer clear of books and movies about pregnancy and babies. That's just smart. I'm going to keep drifting through my afternoon.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Forever Stamps - FTW!