Compulsive action. Partial lyrics to my favorite Bowling for Soup song. It can alternately cause me to rock out (as only punk-pop can) or put me right to sleep (meaning my comfort level is screwy).
Girl All the Bad Guys Want
8 o'clock, Monday night and I'm waitin'
To finally talk to a girl a little cooler than me.
Her name is Nona, she's a rocker with a nose ring,
She wears a two way, but I'm not quite sure what that means.
And when she walks,
All the wind blows and the angels sing.
She doesn't notice me!
Cause she is watchin' wrestling
Creamin' over tough guys
Listenin' to rap metal
Turntables in her eyes
It's like a bad movie
She is lookin' through me
If you were me, then you'd be
Screamin' "Someone shoot me!"
As I fail miserably,
Tryin' to get the girl all the bad guys want.
Gotta love it. I sure do. It's the reason I have not one, but TWO Vans Warped Tour 2003 tee shirts. And I blacked out twice (sun, not alcohol). Wouldn't do it again, but loved that I did it once. Then, there is the music. Bowling for Soup, Something Corporate, American Hi-Fi, and Allister comfort me better than anything. C used to play The Urge and Dido for me when I was trying to go to sleep. Songs, scents, and sensations seem to be the top memory recalls of this life.
No comments:
Post a Comment