I already want to jump in the Jeep and head out to the hometown for the weekend. The one other lady in the office might not smile about that, so I must stay until 4:30 (will try to get out earlier though!). Trying to figure out why I'm so excited and I think it is because C isn't coming along. It's my weekend, in my town, with my friends. I don't usually think about it that way, because C's friends and family are the best I could ask for, but sometimes I need my individuality back for a second. I have no idea how long it takes, but there comes a time in any relationship this close where you start to feel like an extension of each other. It comes with the warm, snugly feeling along with the trapped, unyielding feeling, even though in no way does that reflect the love either has. None of this makes any sense, but it does a little bit in my head.
To exhibit my leaning towards hypochondria, I wanted to ask if anyone knows what disease I have. Symptoms are: moderate fatigue (could just be me) and itchy palms of hands and soles of feet. Coworker said that it sounds hormonal. Maybe I'll Google it, but that usually turns up awful pictures and terrible information. I'm just curious.
Received my knitting book in the mail yesterday and I've looked it over. Knitting looks really hard. I plan on going out to get the equipment necessary this weekend and seeing if I can find a real live person to sit down and explain it to me. I'm also going to join AM in her quest to create and refashion things. I'm going to bring my mom's (barely used) sewing machine home and maybe learn to sew. For this urge I've got to create, you'd think I'd be satisfied with ACTUALLY writing the book I've been talking about. But alas, I've misplaced my wonderful plot somewhere inside of my head. Maybe in making a blanket, then a sweater, and perhaps a pillow, I will find the plot.
For this weekend, I get to see sister B TONIGHT! Sweet A, the best haircutter in the world, said she would see me Saturday morning and I hope to catch AM and little E for a lunch-ish type encounter afterwards. T&K are getting married at 2pm, so over to the church I go - then the rest of the afternoon is mine! Someone needs to convince me that I shouldn't bite the bullet and cut all of my hair off right now. The deal was that I would get a very classy (insert chuckle here) fauxhawk when I became three months pregnant, or right out of the first trimester. Since we're sitting around on our thumbs waiting for that to happen, AND C would rather me cut off two fingers than get a fauxhawk, I might just cut it because it is the beginning of summer, it's getting way too tangly, it takes too long (too hot) to dry and flat iron, and C seems to like it a lot more short. See, right there I've almost got myself talked into it, but here's the flip side: my hair has never been this long, it's pretty, I love to braid and ponytail it, and (here's the big one) I feel ill whenever I think about it gone. That didn't happen the last time I cut all of my hair off. I think that I'll troll the internet to find cute hairstyles that jump out at me. Maybe I'll let Sweet A cut it all off.
No comments:
Post a Comment