Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Lists

Let's try this again. I had a fantastic idea. I've been daydreaming about lists. Small lists, giant lists, colorful lists, white lists, and mostly, incomplete lists. What I did around Christmastime was buy a set of three small notebooks with lines - very compact. Gave one to sister B and one to her friend B. I keep everything in there: addresses, phone numbers, dates, stamps, websites, blogs, books to buy, movies to watch, songs to download, future kids' names, etc. - everything. This, turns out, isn't enough. So, when the time and a bit of money arrive, I am off to figure out the giant list. I originally thought of a wall covered in butcher paper - white, so that the pens, markers, colored pencils, crayons show up, but since one of the lists is how to actively and visibly cut back spending and throw that money at debt, I can't rationalize spending money on the giant list page. I could spread out paper bags and tape them up. Would an old sheet work? I love my Sharpies, and they might go right through. It's going to be a list of lists for at least the rest of the year. I might do fabric so that I can wash it and make something out of it when I'm finished. I love to save things like that. What should I use? I'm itching. Might break down and buy butcher paper or large swatch of cotton fabric. Tell me that none of this points to obsessive compulsiveness. I just need lists.

So far: list of stupid purchases, tally of numbers to pay off credit card (did you know that Satan purchases souls with his American Express?), books I need to read, movies to watch, songs to download, people to call, home improvements that need to be made, pictures, savings plan, dishes to make, projects to start, ideas to improve upon. I think you get the idea. I need a giant list of lists. I just forgot everything else.

Today is retro music day for me. Listened to some 98 Degrees on the drive here. There is some Train playing in the background and I'm about to switch it out to BritneyChristinaPink. Keeps the mood up (through the therapy of laughing) and that's the only defense I have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BRILLIANT! I want to make a gi-normous list too--hmmm--line your wall with paper bags, then hang your fabric--sharpies shouldn't be able to get through. Gotta go change a diager. XOXO. M.