Monday, May 14, 2007

The Lazy Drive

Another week following another weekend. We took a back highway out to C's folks on Friday evening - it took about 45 minutes longer to reach our destination, but I think the back road relaxed C. The dogs were surprisingly well behaved all weekend. Bella and Boris spent Saturday inside R&AM's fenced yard and I shaved Bella on Sunday. I think she's grateful and I've been telling her how pretty she looks, so for the first time, she doesn't seem ashamed with her haircut. Since I leave her head, legs, and tail unshaved, she tends to look even more like a lion. But she's SO much cooler! We might shave Boris later in the summer - we'll have to see how he adjusts to the heat.

The boys helped R out with the roof and I hope he can get it near finished today. I didn't realize that the roof was that steep, so I'm glad no one fell off. I finished up my huge project on Friday night and gave it to AM on Saturday. It was so wonderful to spend a whole day with her and little E. We played and shopped and fed the boys and it was great!

On Sunday, I let C sleep in and we had lunch with my mom and dad. Grandpa and my friend S came along and it was a great lunch. Mom and I went to see my sister at work and then it was time to head back home. Abby and Boris played so hard that he passed out when we got home. It was a really nice weekend, but I still feel like I have sleep to catch up on. I bet C is sore.

No comments: