Does anyone want some proof that I am a little stressed out by everything that's going on? I have hives. The macaroni and cheese last night made me sick this morning and then I got hives. For no good reason. But you see, I have only had hives one time before that I remember and they scare me. Or rather, not being able to stop scratching scares me and the more I scratch, the more hives appear, and the more they itch. Bad, terrible cycle. Which also scares me. So I itched and scratched and called mom and C. They told me to calm down and to go get Benadryl. I have a reaction to Benadryl - I become angry. So angry that Mom stopped giving it too me when I was little because she'd rather me scratch my head off than be so mean and angry. I calmed down enough that the hives began to recede and I went out to buy some Benadryl. Now I'm tired, somewhat dizzy, and talking very s-l-o-w-l-y. But I'm at work earning a living.
Mom thought they might be caused by all of this stress in my life. I can't believe it, C asked me, "What stress?" Um, I don't know, C. I think that I just told you last night that I was feeling very out-of-control-of-each-and-every-circumstance-surrounding-me and powerless. Glad you listened. Super glad that your response was "I can't do anything about that." I tried to tell him that I just wanted him to try and understand. I repeated that today on the phone with him after the hives were much better. I don't think he got it. He wants on thing to be the reason for any mood that I am in and when there are more, I don't think they compute. From what I can gather, I'm stressed about the job situation - both C's and mine, the dogs, anything baby related, not being able to see my friends, family, and everything else, you know, crime against women, flooding in our area, tornadoes, tropical storms, you name it.
I feel a little better and the hives are mostly gone and now I'm wishing that the Benadryl wasn't doing this to me. I think the essential oil blend Peace&Calming is really helping. I should wear it more. That's all. The eyes are falling closed.
No comments:
Post a Comment