I went home last night and found that JCrew had sent me a new dress. Very good news, seeing as how there was a rip in the one I sent back to them. I wouldn't have been so dedicated, except that this dress came in a color that didn't make me look washed out or pale. That's what is important to me. I was also worried because their online store said that they were out of the dress in the color and size that I needed. And it arrived, which means that I have a lovely choice of what to wear to the wedding next weekend.
Even though that package arrived, I was expecting another package and when I got home and it wasn't there - I threw a mini fit. Then the fed-ex guy showed up. So I worked a little bit on my huge project, which I had to whittle down to a manageable size. I have to pick up more supplies for the project on my way home tonight, as well as try to find under $3 gas around here. I finished Looking for Alaska last night instead of watching TV. I completely forgot how wrapped up I get when I have a stack of books. I don't think C has been fed in days and thankfully, he's in charge of the dog food (I fill their water bowls). I should probably clean the bathroom too - it's getting that wet smell.
Now, what are these plans for Mother's Day that I'm supposed to have? Do I have to cook on Sunday? I already have a card and a small gift - do I really have to cook? Besides, where do I fall in the motherhood spectrum? Don't answer that, it's not as if I even think of myself as a mom - I'm just someone who wanted to be and almost was. That's all. I'm going to go write a letter. It's going to rock.
No comments:
Post a Comment