Monday, May 21, 2007

Wonderful Weekend

What can I say? I enjoy writing somewhere that I can go back and read what I thought and where everyone else can read what I think, but they certainly don't have to (as far as I know, my mom doesn't read this anymore because the darker posts make her sad). I like to communicate on this level.

That said, this weekend was SO much fun, and yet, as never before, the fun and happiness is tinged with sadness. I desperately try to outrun all of the looming gray clouds, but I don't often succeed. They're just there. I assume that they always will be. I get to be the girl that sits in the midst of her friends and still looks a little sad. I'm not sad about the friends, just that, you know, life unpredictably changed and unseated me. So that sometime it feels like the four-legged chair only has three. I was surrounded by so much love and so many friends this weekend, but there was still an undeniable feeling of being alone. No sarcasm intended, I'm doing well, we are doing well; it's only the instances in the sometimes that cause a little jag of . . . yeah.

Anyway, I am so blessed by the people that call me a friend. I would like to think that I am even more thankful after everything that went on between AM and me, but I know that I'm still growing and maturing in the "appreciation of friends" department. That said, on my drive home Friday, I stopped to see family friends and then spent a moment with V and her pup. I spent supper with the family and went out to catch sister B's friend in a band. We saw a lot of the townies since the college kids have mostly cleared out for the summer. Caught up with S, stopped by V's bar, and had K join us. Then linked up with the FH alumni crew (always a good time). Home late, good sleep, off to sweet A for the haircutting miracle. The hair is all gone - will see if I can get a picture from L from Friday night at the bar. I got to see L! She was in town from CO because her sister graduated! The haircut is awesome though. Will work on pictures.

Saturday, after said haircut, went to early lunch with little E and AM. Both who behaved so well (I expected AM to). The new cafe downtown was wonderful. Then we went to the fabric store to get me started in the sewing world. Hit up T&K's wedding at two, which was everything a wedding should be: full of love and happiness and vibrating excitement. Off to sweet A's sister's graduation party that was full of friends that I hadn't seen in some time (I'm especially devoted to sweet A's grandma). Head out to R&AM's to say hi and back into town, meet up with my best friend from high school, A (who introduced me to C!), and got to catch up. Went out on the town with S and crew and some more old FHers. Sunday is family time, so sister B and I went shopping and had a really nice dinner with Mom and Dad.

As I said, an excellent weekend. Even found my GAP dress for $69.99 marked down to $35. How fitting for a finishing detail. I have so many friends to email now that I better go and keep the ties strong.

No comments: