The thoughts in my head are stressing me out. I am sure that has never happened to anybody else. They need to fade away into wallpaper. AM has convinced me that the dead rat's cage needs to be cleaned four or more days ago. She mentioned the words "health hazard."
I had an interview on Tuesday with a company I really like. I think that the interview went really well, but I still don't know the specifics of the job, such as salary, insurance coverage (v important for the baby-minded), and 401K. It's also about 10 miles from our house compared to the 25 miles I drive right now. I hope something comes of it, but I just got settled into my current job. They were very nice to me yesterday for Administrative Assistant's Day: I scored flowers, lunch, and the Food Lover's Companion. The new edition. I really like all of them and I even enjoy the work sometimes (the ability to email and blog at-will), but I could use a job with more people interaction. It might be a tough decision if it comes to that.
Tuesday is also the day my parents decided to put our dog to sleep. Harley was a great dog and she lived for 12 1/2 years with us. She was supposed to be a short-haired dachshund, but I think her dad wasn't who she thought her dad was. She wasn't even supposed to be our dog. We have two hours of Christmas on videotape with Grandma and Grandpa saying they really didn't want a dog. So we brought her home. I used to get up at 5 or 6 in the morning, put on Mom's snowsuit, and take the dog out. She was so small that we had to carve paths in the snow so that she could walk. She used to be really hyperactive and run insane circles around the couch and dining room table. All the other dogs were friends with her and I think she even enjoyed Bella, although the size difference was huge. You could always count on Harley to snuggle up with you on sick days. I am comforted knowing that Harley (yes, Davidson) never knew a bad or "hard" day in her life. She was well taken care of, well loved, and cherished always. November 1994 - April 2007 Harley. Will find pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment