Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Left Field Interview

I'm a bit nervous. I have a job interview and I'm out of practice and not in the right frame of mind. Maybe she will look beyond all of that and realize that I'm more than qualified. Didn't have a chance to think about it, really. An email appeared yesterday and she called not two hours later to set up an interview. I chose today over Friday because even if I had a chance to prepare, I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. Wearing what I think looks professional - short sleeve black sweater and gray dress pants with black heels. And pearls courtesy of AM. I don't usually apply for jobs that would require suit-wearing, so I don't wear one. Would rather not. I'm distracted, that's why I'm not in the correct frame of mind. And I applied for this job over two months ago and recently decided that my job is just fine. Out of left field.

What am I thinking about? Hm, where to start? Another month of wanting to have a baby. Moses is gone (would be more real if I would finally clean his cage). When will the parents put Harley to sleep? How is Grandpa doing? What are we going to do with the medical bills? Should be drinking more water. Do I like my new makeup? Am I relating to people, friends, family the way I should be and the way they need me to? Maybe I'm just overwhelmed by my own mental onslaught. It's a great place to be. In other words, I don't feel at all prepared to talk myself up at 3pm today, but if anything good comes of it, we all know it won't be my doing. Why did the weather have to get all nasty again? Yesterday was beautiful.

No comments: