Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tees, Books, & Food

Do they even make white tee shirts that you can't see skin through anymore? I have on a nice white v-neck and you can see my skin tone through the tee. Clothes aren't made near as well as they were a few years ago. Or else you have to look a lot harder for the quality. I don't shop a lot anymore. In fact, that reminds me that I desperately need to do laundry tonight so that I have clothes to wear tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a package in the mail tomorrow also.

I finally received the last of my four books on miscarriage, pregnancy, and fertility. I forgot I even ordered four, but sure enough, the most comprehensive book on fertility arrived yesterday. Some of the subject matter has to do with me and my body, but mostly I'm curious for the sake of knowing. When I get a little further into this book, I'll probably post a better summary of what it's about, but it seems to be a useful tool so far. Up to chapter five and it's very detailed and interesting.

I spoke with J last night. It's always nice to hear from him and like I said, until one of C's brothers marry, I am the only sister they have. I keep reminding myself of that to reinforce that I am the best. I couldn't ask for better brother-in-laws than J and D. All three boys are the most respectful guys I have ever met. They are sweet and loving and they stand up for girls. I love having brothers like that. Both of them are such wonderful people and I appreciate that I can get annoyed or snippy with them and know they won't hold it against me forever. I miss them a lot. I never saw either of them on a very consistent basis, but I just light up when they come around.

I am tired. How can I get more than 7.5 hours of sleep a night and still be tired? And I'm still not hungry at all. If I force myself to eat a normal portion, I feel overly full. Has medical science developed the pill-a-day for all of our nutritional needs yet? I'd take it. I think it would be a lot better than eating when everything tastes like cardboard. Yuck. I thought I was getting my appetite back too - I assumed a month ago that it was a physical symptom of the grief process, but I guess not. See, not eating very much could be causing the fatigue. I do not need to lose any more weight either. I might try those protein shakes or something.

Today hasn't been a great day. Some things were messed up at work and the chef brought in food. I know I should have been grateful, but nothing tasted very good (just me) and I was served too much. So, I'll go let all of that wear off and the day should get better as I head for home in about an hour.

No comments: