Monday, March 19, 2007

Pictures, Friends and No More Bars

Not as bad as some Mondays. Still didn't want to come into work, but today I did not wish an infectious disease upon myself in order to get out of it. Lots of people don't enjoy their jobs, I'm just hoping that I don't have to be one of those people forever. I had long conversations with L and M last week. L tried to convince me that I would find a great job someday and sometimes we have to muddle through the crummy ones. My problem is that I don't have any faith that a great one will appear because I don't know what it looks like. I'm sure it would show up if I won the lottery. The phone bill should be a nice large number since I spent so many "daytime" minutes last week. They were well worth it - I haven't had a chance to spend that much time with either girl and it was great. I need to start planning our fall retreat. We'll have to fly M in and catch up with L, but I think we all could use a weekend together and away from all of this. Can you believe that these are the two girls I befriended when I was eight-years-old? I can't. C says that was the last time my sound judgement worked (what does that say about my choice of him?) because I have a record of mostly unhealthy friendships since.

I need more pictures on here. Everyone wants to see the poor limping puppy, right? C is completely in charge of that situation now. He doesn't think there could be any way that Boris's leg is fractured, so it's obviously not. As for Bella, I'm curious to find out if she's jealous of Boris, so I'm making the effort to give her a lot more attention (I'm doing that for C too, to see if his interactions with me change at all). I think there is a lot of common ground in training dogs and husbands. Good thing he never reads this.

I went out to the bars in Aggieville on Saturday with my sister and her friends. It was interesting. I kept feeling old and then realizing that I'm only two years older than most of them (if that!). There are two reasons for this that I could figure out: first, that C and all of his friends are 25+, with spouses, kids, houses, stable careers, etc., and secondly, for a similar reason, I have all of that stuff. The kid I was talking to is in college, lives with a bunch of guys, parties, studies, hangs out with his little girlfriend. I understand that because I've lived that, but there is no way he understands where I'm coming from. I've been married for two years, I graduated and got a full-time job, I own a house (with the husband), have a nice SUV, have two dogs that I am responsible for. Of course he doesn't get it - he can't. The whole scenario made me mad, but according to C, I get mad a lot. It also reminded me that we are way past the accidental pregnancy thing. We're on the other side of the fence with the other couples who aren't fervently trying to not have children and it's a refreshing place to be. More to come and less rambling later :-)

No comments: