Friday, March 16, 2007

Could I Be a Master of Words?

Stupid email site won't let me into my email. I want to check my email compulsively. That's what I do at this job. I'm mulling over two things: #1, I probably need another email account, #2, should I pay for a blog service that could very well launch a writing career? First thing: new, more reliable email account would be great and more professionally titled. However, as noted, I've had the same email account since 2000 at least. That's longer than I've had C or Bella. Isn't a second account kind of like cheating on the first? Who should I go with? Gmail is what I'm thinking, but is there someone better? Can I love both accounts for different reasons? Second thing: for about $5/month or $50/year, I can join TypePad where there are all of these lovely, well-written blogs full of creativity and far superior sentence structure. Real authors. I've enjoyed reading so many of their blogs, and I could become one of them. My rules for myself would be as follows: one-two well thought out letter/essay/posts per week and they each have to go through one draft minimum (do any of you know how much I hate revising my own stuff), old material is permissible, but has to be dated so that everyone knows I'm slacking, and everything needs to be genius. That's attainable, right? And worth the $5/month? I'm going to check around some more before I commit, but I like the idea.

I feel sorry for whichever of my poor friends would have gotten the email version of this post, had I been able to access my email. I still don't know about Boris. He's limping, but C thinks it's because he's scared to use his leg. I, on the other hand, do not want to be the negligent mommy who won't spring for the x-ray to find out if it's broken or not (cough, Mom, cough). Just kidding. She was doing everything right. The doctor said so.

We're headed back home this weekend to help Grandpa move into his town house. I hope everything goes smoothly. Most of us have figured out that you can argue with a 90-year-old about as well as you can argue with a three-year-old. Add his grown (opinionated, stubborn, yet very loving) children to the mix and we are going to have a grand time. I hope Grandpa doesn't get overwhelmed. He lived in that house with Grandma for almost twenty-two years and there are a lot of memories and things to move. We're lucky - the weather is supposed to be really nice this weekend. That's about it for the daily rambling.

No comments: