Tired today. Probably because I haven't had lunch yet and it's nearing 2:30pm. Last Friday we went out to eat at the small town barbecue joint. I've heard awesome things about it and so we tried it. I'm not even a fan of barbecue, but I loved it! I had a barbecue beef sandwich and C had ribs. Neither of us could finish even half of what we were served, but the second half made a good breakfast Saturday morning. Yum. If you come visit me, I'll take you out to eat there!
I finally caught up with L (male factor) last night, or, he caught up with me. I don't know why I thought he was in Cali, because he's right next to me in Law. I knew that - I should have known that. He just makes me happy; I get a huge smile on my face just writing about him (or when I see him) because he's so sweet and nice and funny-looking. I really appreciate that I don't have to call him for a year and when I do, he's still nice and wants to catch up. It makes me feel special. For any guys that actually read this - that is how you make a girl's day: make her feel special. It works on moms, grandmas, sisters, girlfriends, wives, and friends. Tell them they look nice and that you are so happy you got to see one another. Express interest in something that is really important to them. Love them - that's the other thing all girls want. I'm mostly preaching to the choir here because I know that three of the guys who read this are already great - they do the aforementioned things all of the time and actually mean them. So to S, E, and T, you are all wonderful and you've been wonderful sources of comfort, love, and encouragement. I refer to you as amazing men to my friends because of the way you all have befriended me. It's also been wonderful to see that you really were there for me when I needed you. Thanks.
Spotted the boss and need to get back to work . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment