I don't know what happened. I was so exhausted yesterday and I just kept going and going. It was so nice to have E&R come spend the day and night with us. Official scores as follows: Pente = A v. R - 0/1, A v. E - 3/4, I won one round of Rummikub (protests were heard all around), and I came in second to E in Scrabble. All of this and I don't even like games! There were root beer floats and guacamole and chips, and served about 10:30pm, there was an awesome dinner of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and peas. R and I made it. Yeah, I know, that's a little late to eat dinner, but the guacamole and floats were really filling! I smile a little bit when I think about C and my similarities to E&R - we are both young, married couples, bought our first houses (and are fixing up our new houses!), have career tracks (E&R and C do, anyway), two dogs a piece (male and female), huge fish tanks, and a rodent/furry creature to top things off. Lots of differences, sure, but what we have in common is a bit funny.
I can't help but think after a terrific day with friends, that I miss them so much and would rather do anything else than go back to the way things are. I'm sure I'll make friends here, but I don't really trust myself to make friends. The last couple were awful and I'd rather not repeat any of those experiences ("Not all experiences are good, Bianca!" - six points for whoever emails me the name of the movie that's from, hint: it's a favorite of mine). It is almost lonely enough up here that I've forgotten how to talk to people. Although, my capacity for pleasant small talk went out the window years ago, to be honest. Enough Monday rambling . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment