Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Bills Don't Buy Shoes

All the days are running together. The workday is almost over, some dismal television, go to sleep, wake up and do it all over again. What does one have to do to make it change? I have a voicemail. Can I hope that it's about one of those jobs at the medical center? I know that any of them will be just another job, but most that I applied for are busy enough to not let me mull over everything fifty thousand times. I would also be exposed to various people and, as noted before, my drive time will drop in half. Now, I'm concerned with how upset they will be with me here. They're already stressed out because they've lost/are losing three associates. I am part of the glue that connects everything and gets the little things done. But it might not be anything on my phone. Everything came rushing back yesterday because I received the anesthesiologist's bill. I remember being in the hospital. The total was less than I thought it would be, but quite a bit for a 20 minute surgery. I'll call him and see if we can work something out. Maybe he'll want me to come work for him - I am looking for a job in the medical field.

Something a bit more cheery: I look nice today. It was an accident, but here I am in a pale green long sleeve v-neck with a brown short sleeve sweater over and these great tan pants that Mom bought me this weekend. I was concerned that they'd be too small or show that little bit of pudge in the back, but once they relax, they fit great and look great. I still need shoes, but I'm going to look online if I get a chance. I need to be grateful for the things I have, probably not so insane about the things I don't.

No comments: