Friday, February 16, 2007

Grateful

I have my doctor's appointment in two hours and I'm nervous. Unfortunately, I am a worst-case-scenario type of person. Don't confuse this with pessimism because I'm mostly optimistic, but I like whoever's motto is "Expect the best, plan for the worst." That way, I'm not taken completely off-guard. I've been talking more about the experience and C and I really are doing well. We are so grateful to have this wonderful support system of parents, siblings, and these amazing friends. My mom's neighbor just let me sit and talk with her this morning and our dear family friend stopped by to give me flowers and very encouraging words. The out-pouring of love hasn't surprised me, but I am so much more appreciative than I can express. All of this has come from every direction, including some that I wouldn't have guessed. I know that I am close to a lot of guys I grew up with and they are the ones who ask me how I'm doing, tell me they love me, and take me out to lunch. E, we tell each other "I love you" all the time, which lets me know without a doubt that you are hurting with me. T&K and family are prayer warriors that I know are caring and praying that all will be healed. My two best friends that I've know since I was eight are right here beside me with "I love you"s and "Call me anytime"s. My family and C's family have done nothing but wrap their arms around us and try their hardest to protect us from all the unpleasant things while just letting us grieve. I am so grateful that I am humbled. I know that God does not give us more than we can handle and that this tiny baby had a purpose for the few weeks he lived inside of me. And I am grateful. Thank you all so very very much.

No comments: