Friday, February 23, 2007

Conversations, Friends, & Sweethearts

Conversations are not supposed to be monologues. I think that people forget this. I forget when I get excited, but I've tried very hard in the past year and a half to edit and censor myself. No one really needs to know that much about me, but I'm a sharer under the guise of creating common ground on which to establish some type of relationship. In other words, I tell stories to make friends. No, it doesn't always work.

I don't use the word "friend" lightly. It is something that a person has to earn, and even then, I've found myself not to be the best judge of character. Evidenced by "friends" I've lost or purposely misplaced. But those that have been tried through trials of mine or my involvement in their own have truly proven themselves. And I appreciate them for all of that.

I spoke with two of "my" boys last night and it was so nice to hear their voices. Both are such that if they saw me in person, I would immediately be enveloped in a giant hug, which only makes me love them more. E and I only talked about the dogs, but I know he loves me and cares so much (so do I, E!). S told me that he enjoyed hanging out with me while I was on painkillers last weekend. Poor boy came over to spend some time with me because I didn't want to go to bed. What a sweetheart.

No comments: