You really deserve it. A happy thing, or you know, me being happy. And I am and it is not at all about me.
A friend just called me. A sweet, heart-on-her-sleeve friend that I've know for over ten years. I'm especially useful to her now because she is going through IF and our story is pretty much a wide open book. I know stuff. I've lived this IF life for over four years. I'm an armchair RE. Anyway, she is one of the private ones, so I am a fabulous resource.
As in, she just called to ask how accurate pregnancy tests are. Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap - very accurate, with some considerations. How many days since the HCG shot and the IUI? Fifteen? And first morning urine? Nope? And the lines? Super dark? Mary mother of all that is Mercy me . . . You are so totally pregnant!
And I'll get a call back when she does a blood test tomorrow and she was able to tell her husband that she thought she might be, and her mom that she was pretty sure, and she is so overwhelmed, but joyful. I bet she looks radiant right now.
What does this mean for me? Not a damn thing - this post isn't about me. It is about the pure happiness that can break through despair and doubt. It is about the wonder of technology, and in this case, my friend standing up to doctors and getting them to take her seriously. It is about the much hoped for, prayed for, already loved life growing within her. That's what this one is about, people.
Maybe it proves that I've got some residual of hope left for myself, maybe it just demonstrates that I'm not a cold hearted b**** that hates the pregnant women, or whatever. Do you have any idea how happy I am for this girl? I'm excited that I was able to have that reassuring conversation with her and that I was able to experience part of her joy.
It's all I've got for today. What an expression of love. Joy. Faith. Overwhelming indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment