Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our Fifth Wedding Anniversary - Show and Tell

Yes, C and I have been married for five years. Some of our friends think it has been a really long time, and most think that we have barely scratched the surface. For anyone following along, though, I would hope you'd agree that we have been through our share of ups and downs. I'm sure that there are many more fights to get into and make up after, lots more kisses and truck rides, someday and somehow there will be children that we call our own, and most of all, I think there will always be love. Whether it is, from time to time, a sexual, platonic, fraternal, violent, or lovely type of love, I cannot predict, but there will be love.
I knew before I married him that I wanted to make babies with C. Some that looked like him and some that looked like me. And here we are, still trying. But on this day, five years ago, we were more innocent than we knew and thought we were prepared for this marriage thing. We've grown up, learned, made both easy and difficult decisions, gained more responsibilities, and all of that other good stuff.
But on that day, I felt beautiful and loved.

And I still feel beautiful and loved and smart and special and not entirely defective, thanks to C.
Because he took my hand and pledged to be my husband. I pledged to be his wife. For better or for worse and in sickness and in health. For as long as we both shall live.

And then we danced.


I still love my dress. And those shoes? Believe it, or not, they matched the colors of the bridal party. So he was allowed to wear them at the reception.

Check out Show and Tell over at Stirrup Queen's.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary !
I find that skipping and dancing (like Dorothy on the yellow brick road) while on the road of couplehood helps a lot with the fights and make ups, and whatever there is ! :)
The picture where you stand in your dress by the window is so beautiful.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Love those shoes!

Casie said...

Happy Anniversary! Your posts always help put things in perspective for me - you really need to get busy writing a book or something. :)

Wishing you two many more years of happiness together!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary

Fantastic picturesGreat dres AND great shoes! Wishing you the best of everything for the next five and beyond.