One has to wonder.
Bulleted, yet lettered. Again.
a) I love me some apple juice. Nantucket Nectars is my favorite, but so far, I've only found it at Chipotle. Which is okay. And I still like graham crackers. A lot.
b) Our good friends, N&A, are pregnant. They were on a similar IUI roller coaster and it is wonderful that it worked for them. I really hope that everything is smooth sailing and we get to hold their beautiful baby in another eight months or so. We know that IUIs work for some, we are just unsure about whether "some" means "us" or not. For now, this news seems to be giving C an extra jolt of hope.
c) Another set of good friends is due, well, in a week. I spent some time with K and little T last night and through her pain, she is just so uplifting. Again, another baby I can't wait to see or hold!
d) IUI#whatthehell this morning. Was supposed to be yesterday morning, but the follicles weren't quite big enough, so we were put off a day. After having a roundabout chat with the nurse two weeks ago, I found out that our doctor is real big on insemination 24 hours after the HCG trigger shot. That's his thing, that's his protocol. The sperm needs to already be there when ovulation occurs. I get that. The nurse let us schedule the IUI two weeks ahead of time and then I go and undergrow and we have to bump the IUI a day anyway. We were still able to get the clinic's earliest time available this morning to drop off the contribution. I have slowly been trying to make the clinic's front office gal, N, my friend. I think that is working. Today we were working with two, maybe three, follicles (v. good) and a lower than optimum sperm count, but hey, it was still millions, baby! [For those keeping track, today was IUI#4, carried out and seen through, #2 post-op, and #7 ever planned]
e) I have a consultation scheduled with a urogynecologist for a few issues. He's the guy to see. I guess I should talk about it because no one else talks about it. I am prone to UTIs, vaginal infections, painful bladder, and a few other things. Painful stuff these are. Thankfully, I am not afflicted by these at all times; they tend to come and go. But they are chronic and need to be addressed, so I get to see THE doctor next week. Once established, he can be my man that addresses these issues instead of a well-meaning, but clueless GP. I'm trying to be proactive here.
Questions:
z) Has anyone heard of a semen allergy?
y) It's a free-for-all: let me have your best/worst/most asinine advice for getting pregnant in 2010. No, really, I can take it - I have a sense of humor about these things.
x) As much as I try to shield myself, at times I imagine what my life would be like with a carseat in my Jeep, a crib and changing table in the orange room, and a different motivation for living the way I do. I hope that, even in an effort to empathize with me, or couples like us, you don't imagine what your life would be in our position: desperately wanting and trying for something that seems so elusive for us. I don't want that for you. I want you to enter into parenthood, your first, second, third pregnancy, or evening trying to conceive, with an innocence. And I want you never to lose it. Please tell me that my story hasn't frightened you.
w) What is your favorite hand cream?
v) I've got two songs running through my head right now: the RedHotChiliPepper's Can't Stop and Cameron Diaz's performance of that song in MyBestFriend'sWedding ("I don't know just what to do with myself . . ."). What is running through your head?
Off to see N&A tonight (as we do every New Year's Eve) and probably celebrate their pregnancy. No need to ponder that three years ago tomorrow, C and I made our first and only pregnancy announcement to them. Did any of us know that the deck was going to be sorted out like this? I sure didn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment