Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Pee on Things Less than Others

Really, I do. Our dog Boris, pees on everything. Most potty-trained men aren't 100% accurate with the toilet. I only take the occasional pregnancy test or ovulation test. I haven't taken either this cycle, but can still give a definitive answer: I am not pregnant and I did not ovulate (probably). Just thought you'd all want to know about my peeing habits.

I haven't been thinking about any of this stuff near as much as I thought I would. Graduating had to give way to a new obsession, but thankfully it seems to not be all of this infertility nonsense. I hope it stays this way.

In other news, I have a master's degree now. I think. They should let me know. For some reason, I thought that this degree was no big deal. When I graduated with a bachelor of arts, I knew that I wanted more education. I found a program I liked, they made it easy to enroll and attend classes. I did the work and got the degree. The only reason I even looked into a graduate program at this point in my life was because I needed a distraction. From what? Guess. Anyway, I didn't think much of this accomplishment. My parents do. They told my grandparents, who think this is a real big deal. A nice card and a nice check - type of big deal. Apparently, I am the only grandchild on either side to obtain a graduate degree.

So, my current obsession is all about boots. These and these came yesterday. I am keeping the first pair even thought they are a bear to get on - even with the world's longest shoehorn. The second pair are getting returned (for free - love zappos.com) and we're looking at cowboy boots this weekend. It is a temporary obsession, but good for now.

1 comment:

Miriah said...

It was nice to talk today. I wish you were feeling better--tummy-yuck is terrible. We all have a case of "ick" this evening--I hope it was not something I made...

I can't wait to see your fabulous boots--I expect to see them at Christmas! Did I mention that Christmas Eve might work best? I may have to change that to :

You are invited to our Christmas Open House, on Christmas Day, between 10:30am and 1:30pm, in Riley at the little pink cottage on South Iowa Street.

We will be serving brunch to whoever comes I am expecting a LARGE amount (13+) of family please be forewarned. And I certainly don't expect you to stay very long if you come because I know how busy it is to have family coming out your ears.

But consider yourself and your husband invited!

XOXO. M.