We just had the best kind of evening. My best friends from the olden days came over with their wives and baby and we ate. That's really all I ask out of life: good company, good friends, good food, and healthy babies. Not much. It was the first time I've seen these two boys together in, oh, seven years - since graduating from high school. Thankfully, we are all friends outside of any threesome that was created, and have so remained. I'm thinking that I got lucky because I count their wives among my friends too. Anyway, we had a wonderful evening as we laughed, talked, reminisced like old friends do. I hope that we realized that it has been far too long.
Ever sensitive about the passing of time changing people, I had to notice how we have all, in our own ways, finally become adults. We are at peace with being mature (most of the time) and responsible. We are a different kind of friends that have expanded our friendships so that they include the mates we have chosen. And of the little baby, we all adore him because he is a part of T & K, whom we also adore. We are those people that get married young, settle down, work hard, and expect joy out of life. It is a wonderful group of people to be a part of and I cherish the friendships that I had with T & E, and now the ones developing with K & R.
1 comment:
So glad the party was lovely. Our weekend will be good too, just different. I am already assembling an "Anne package" Fun! XOXO. Miriah
Post a Comment